You may not be aware you have a life-threatening vascular disease due to a lack of symptoms. Vascular screenings are important to understand your risks for potential illness.
Benefits of Vascular Screening
We now offer weekly affordable, comprehensive vascular screenings. Early detection and treatment of vascular disease can significantly reduce your risk for serious, sometimes disabling or even fatal conditions like heart attack or stroke.
We now offer vascular screenings in three convenient locations:
- UVA Specialty Care Augusta Cardiology and Vascular
- Zion Crossroads Primary and Specialty Care
- Heart and Vascular Center at Northridge
Are You Eligible?
Screenings are intended for those who are not experiencing symptoms of vascular disease.
Eligible patients include:
- Age 65 or older
- Age 50 or older with cardiovascular risk factors
- Adults 45 years or older whom an abnormal finding would prompt modification of their lifestyle practices or medical care
- Family history of abdominal aortic aneurysm
The screening takes a total of about 45 minutes, and the initial test results are available immediately.
What Does the Screening Include?
In a single visit, patients receive three painless, non-invasive tests.
- An ultrasound of the neck
- An ultrasound of the abdomen
- Blood pressure test in the arms and ankle
Insurance doesn't cover vascular screenings for patients not experiencing symptoms. The out-of pocket cost is $99 for all three tests. Select flexible spending plans cover the cost.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Call us at 434.924.0389.